Viet Nam in HD Our Family Home Movies Update

Three years ago I was approached by Documentary film maker Lou Reda for his Vietnam in HD History Channel series. 
They were interested in using clips of our family home movies in the documentary which aired 2011.

If you never saw the series it's quite impressive. It's available on Netflix & here on youtube:

https://www.google.com/#q=VIETNAM+IN+HD&tbm=vid

Our footage is shown within the first few minutes. The clip of Diane & George's wedding was used in all of their commercials including at least one commercial of Diane in her pink party dress.
Their wedding moment was also the lead in for the series. As they show them they overlap the video with the caption OVER TEN YEARS which is the lead in for the series. That same clip is shown in all the parts of the mini series.

This video shows the clips used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwk5K3byk0w

Because I contributed footage I was listed in the credits but since some were licensed though my legal name Loreto & others by Larry I received twice the billing. When I asked why, they said they weren't sure if Larry & Loreto were the same people. My wife says the same thing!

These are the approx times each clip is seen in the first video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9jpgLRuf3o
 & it's only in the first video that they are all used. Only Diane & George appear in the beginning of each video:

1:09 Anthony doing the twist. My back is to him.
1:28 Diane & George (Antionette is also briefly seen) with the caption...OVER TEN YEARS
4:02 My father & me.( I'm 1. He's 45!)
5:25: Diane (before George) Christmas-time dance with date.
This clip is immediately followed by Cousin Vilma & my brother Doug & wife Noreen.

Today while searching family history, without searching for this specifically out of nowhere came Noreen's 1965 obituary:

http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2017/Dobbs%20Ferry%20NY%20Sentinel/Dobbs%20Ferry%20NY%20Sentinel%201965%20Jul-Dec%201966/Dobbs%20Ferry%20NY%20Sentinel%201965%20Jul-Dec%201966%20-%200202.pdf 

Recently I was asked to provide home movie footage for a Motorcycle Racing Team documentary where the racers in the off hours played cards...


No comments:

Post a Comment