Keeping Your Web Page Alive For Future Generations

Years ago you had mostly paper as the only proof your business existed. 
Letterheads, business cards, yellow page/newspaper/magazine ads...
How much of your family's business still exists? 
If you're lucky you have some photos and film or video too.
Besides a few paint brushes, an 8mm film of my father & brothers painting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41mWEPbmvko 
& a single sheet of letter head there is nothing left of my father's painting business.
I owned Engagements DJ Entertainment, a very successful full time Rhode Island wedding DJ service for decades.
I have images from many a reception, plus some old magazine ads & my business cards.
Before I deactivated the web site I took screen shots of each page.
Today businesses come n' go as quickly as the speed of the internet itself.
Many businesses have little to nothing after they're gone especially now with so little paper (outside of business cards & even then cards are often tossed or lost as fast as they're given).
There is such an infinite supply of every thing & every business I know I became a memory (at best) the second I retired from the industry. I was forgotten before the web site went down. I was often referred to as Larry from Engagements. Today I'm Larry "WHO?"
That doesn't matter because years from now someone can look at these screen shots & say...
he was Larry...from Engagements






No comments:

Post a Comment