Vacations. Crabbing Delaware & NY. Rehobeth Beach. Niagra Falls.

ThumbnailRoad Trip
Hey Harry put on a shirt for the photo! You know something classy like the t-shirt my father's wearing to match his white PAINTER'S shorts!

You'll see Harry in those same clothes in the water too! Completely cropped for a closer look at the fun in Delaware:Rehobeth Beach Cropped

Take a vacation, even if only for 90 seconds. My mother missed Harry & loved to visit him in Delaware. Harry liked nothing better than when she'd bring pepperoni, (real) Parmesan cheese & Italian bread. He'd sit at the kitchen table with his pocket knife, cutting a slice of each to have with wine. This is from the early 1970's. This is vintage boardwalk footage: Sun View Motel, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
At :57 seconds you see Harry standing behind me. Ya' gotta' love those plaid shorts. I think they were his favorite pair. I can taste those breaded/baked crabs now. Especially with hot sauce. As my mother would say it "taste-es," soooooo good. Grab a crab net & watch the full size video: Captions: YouTube - CrabbingPartTwo & an alternate music version: YouTube - CrabbingUncleHarrys
ThumbnailRare did you see two views of the same scene:Lara
This is the interior of the Sandview Hotel before we leave. You'll see Donald, Heather, my father, my mother briefly, myself & Harry & Helen: Rehobeth Beach Sandview Hotel
Digital beach & crabbing:Rehobeth Beach & Crabbing
Two angles of the same moment: Lara The same 8mm also provided insight to the truth behind the legendary creature Big Foot. Fake or Fraud?We now have twice the PROOF! BigFootFrank Big Foot Frank Part Two
My father isn't folding his arms, he's filming:Delaware Doug & Dad
Harry & Edna, Edna & Harry: The classic cars & Harry's bottle. BOTTLE? Look in Harry's right pocket:Harry Brown Bags It
Harry & Edna before retiring to Delaware: Harry&Edna & their digital departure: Edna & Harry Cedrone Cropped, Edna & Harry Cedrone
Rehobeth
Beach Delaware. Sun, fun, & Frank Tocci!
My father coming out of the motel looks like he FELL out of bed & down the stairs.
This is from the early 1970's. The Sea View motel is still there, right on the beach. I can smell the burgers sizzling on the grill below.
Below is my mother & also Helen unkowingly being filmed on the boardwalk. They realize the camera's on them just before they go inside.


Take a walk on the boardwalk: rehobea1970s & YouTube - CedroneTocciRehobethBeach
Rehobeth Delaware. Fishing & Bathing:
Rehobeth Delaware 8mm Home Movie
Finally the fully restored & some of the best quality of this most cherished time:
Rehobeth Beach & Crabbin'

We're Home! Time to go crabbing (1975):

Above is a piece of drift wood we found along the rocks in Scarborough (Ossining) NY in 1975.
Mary, using a magnifying glass etched the date of the event into it as we "crabbed," off t
he rocks. Diane, George & their kids along with my mother were there with us on that hot July day. To cool off you'd sit under the platform where passengers waited for the train.

 
Ah! The anticipation of hauling up your net in hopes of catching one, two or a few. . It was the simplest of times, where your biggest worry was losing one of your nets to the rocky shore line. 
A picnic lunch with family & a few laughs too especially when a crab ran out of the net in the row boat.
Before our vacation ends below, visit
Niagra Falls with Clara & Dan: YouTube - MariNiagra

The Tocci's & Fricchione's vacationed together touring historic landmark.
Here we are in stocks. STOCKS?SummerVacations


Alice, Tony, Anthony & Michael along with my mother & I took fun summer vacations together. The CROPPED version takes a closer look at Larry, Anthony & Michael: Cropped Summer Vacation
Take a digital vacation:Tocci-Fricchione Vacation
1974 while visiting Harry I recorded him as I accompanied on guitar. Below is a video from the year before. This is combined footage from my father's camera & Doug's mixed with Harry on mandoline. Harry, tone deaf in one ear would often go off key as you'll hear. At the end of the video you hear my mother laughing in the background. I say, " I have to play that back." George says, "Play that one back." Harry responds "Are you playing that? (He means are you recording that)" George laughs saying, "That was good!"

Harry Crabbing LIVE!
The infamous ROAR that shook Delaware...and my mother. Read the youtube description as you enjoy "Harry's Thunder!"Harry's Thunder
Harry's Thunder Two

Three Jolly Old Bums!
Full frame HD transfers:

No comments:

Post a Comment